Today, thanks to Paul W, we introduce Biochar as a serious option for us for carbon sequestration and in a practical sense in your shire. We have put our heads together and seen that to help get the message out wide and clear we need a package with three integrated things to maximise the impact and reach of Biochar. In fact Tim Flannery sees Biocarbon as nothing less than a magic pudding.
So today at this seminar we are pleased to announce the launch of our fivefold ‘magic pudding’ package comprising:
1. Learning Circles – A DIY learning interface with the text and the actual practice of making and using Biochar [Ref: Wildman, P. (2011). BioChar Action Learning Circles: toward a future Nature can live with. Action Learning Circles based on Paul Taylor’s The BioChar Revolution book (2010). P. Wildman. Brisbane: The Kalgrove Institute. with Topic Guides – 40pgs]
2. The Biochar text – [Ref: Taylor, P., Ed. (2010). The Biochar Revolution: Transforming Agriculture and Environment. Victoria – Australia: Global Publishing Group. 364pgs]
3. An explanatory DVD [Ref: Taylor, P., Wildman. P and D. Cooke (2011). The Biochar Revolution’ explicated and illustrated by Paul Taylor and ‘How Biochar can become part of a resilient community economy’ by Paul Wildman. Uki NSW, The Science Art Research Centre Uki on the 03-04-2011. DVD 3 hours]
4. An illustrative DVD – [Ref: Moxam, J and , J. Davis (2010). The Solar Biochar Seminar at The Castle on the Hill Learning Centre. Series Editor: I. Brown. Uki, The Science Art Research Centre of Australia. Davis – solar presentation, Moxam – Biochar. DVD 2 hours]
5. A visit to a Biochar exemplar project where we demonstrate and you participate in the making and use of Biochar at Biochar Industries with Dolph Cooke @ Kunghur http://biocharproject.org/
So with what you see above we think we have finally got there – we hope you agree. This is an action learning process for us all so we can offer these three in a heavily discounted package for $100 waged or $75 for unwaged – separable, with No.5 available separately.
What do you get in detail
We welcome and encourage participation in our package. And through the Learning Circles process you can interface the text and the field and help yourself as well as friends and family learn while having some fun and getting your hands black!!
With the book you get a substantial discount for the critically acclaimed basic reference text that is now selling widely across the world.
With the learning circles you can gain from interactions with others working on the same project, facilitation assistance and of course mentoring from both Paul and Dolph electronically and f2f. This is a great opportunity to help us co-author. Learning Circles are very well known in Europe and now more widely in Australia as a vital part of Adult Learning and Community Education.
With the supporting DVD’s you get a rich montage of DIY tips and supporting info and skills demonstration on ‘understanding and making your own Biochar’.
With the project on the property you can get a ‘hands on’ experience of making a retort and use this to make your own Biochar.
So won’t you please join us now in working with Biochar to help make a better world for our children? They deserve nothing less. The Learning Circles will be held fortnightly for 3 hrs each inc.