Yesterday I traveled from Kunghur to Murwillumbah for a government sponsored landcare project to give composts to farmers. I was running late and did not have a chance to eat my regular good wholesome food so I stopped at the bistro and was told there was going to be free platters of food brought out soon.
So I waited and my hunger grew and I became forgetful of some very important reasons that I hardly ever eat out. One was that I am allergic to MSG (621) and it turns me into a mind numbed zombie with a headache for 2 days straight.
Yes you can see what was unfolding unfortunately I could not. After scoffing a lot of the great free food I suddenly realized my heart was pumping hard and I said to a friend I think I might of ingested MSG. In stead of being horrified her brain jumped into action and she started to think of what would help me not get turned into a zombie.
My friend had been carrying charcoal tablets as she is in the middle of getting all the heavy metal mercury fillings in her teeth out. She said try these and drink a lot of water. Having no mental capacity of my own on that spot I scoffed 5 tablets and drank a lot of water went outside and then had a beer.
To my surprise my heart slowed down and the headache started to go. Never has this ever been the case once I have eaten by mistake something with MSG in it not even a box of aspirins can cure the pain. But Charcoal did and its ironic I work in charcoal and could never see the link.
Well I am alive and typing and its the next day I had a bad sleep sweated a lot woke up a lot but no headache in fact I even enjoyed a nice surf today at DBar beach.
Thank you Charcoal you work for MSG via ingestion.
Rare Discovery Tm : )